Department for Transport - Checkout
The Department for Transport’s internal procurement process was being done manually using many different processes, creating high demand on limited resources.
An automated workflow was required that would streamline the procurement process, manage contracts and deliver time savings to the department. The Department for Transport’s on-site development team did not have the skills or capacity to deliver the project within the very short time frame in which it was needed.
- Level 5 supported the development team at the Department of Transport and mentored them through the process of creating the purpose-built Checkout solution within a tight timeframe.
- We guided the on-site developers on application development best practice and delivered regular training to ensure they reach industry standards.
- With our assistance, they created a cloud hosted application that can be scaled and requires minimal maintenance.
- Further training was also given to ensure the on-site team has full capability to maintain the system after delivery.
- The on-site development team received training from our specialists on building enterprise applications and gained confidence in working within industry standards.
- The project was built well within agreed timeframes and met business requirements. It also achieved recognition within the Department for Transport and is the first application to be hosted on Google Cloud Platform.
- Checkout passed the Government’s Digital Service standards first time round, and it has been recognised as the first internal service to have gone through this process.
- The application can be used on all devices and platforms, is scalable and requires minimal maintenance.